HAIRSTON.org ID#3659, b. about 1804, d. 5 May 1888
|Father*||Isaac AMYX1 b. a 1775, d. a 1849|
|Mother*||Mary Polly BOYER1 b. a 1786, d. a 1872|
|Birth*||Samuel AMYX was born about 1804 in Botetourt Co., Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Isaac AMYX and Mary Polly BOYER.1|
|Marriage*||Samuel AMYX married Fanny Mendenhall KENNER on 2 March 1826 in Tennessee.1|
|Marriage*||Samuel AMYX married Mary Polly Pace WINSTEAD about 1830.2|
|Census 1840*||Samuel AMYX appeared on the census of 1840 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee, Males: under 5 3, 30-39 1, Females: 5-9 2, 20-29 1.3|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Isaac AMYX on 13 October 1849 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee; Mentions wife Mary, son Samuel and daughters Priscilla Davis, Elizabeth Snider, Polly Amyx, Eleanor Drinnon, Nancy Lawson, Lucinda Drinnon, Susannah Jones and Sarah Davis.4|
|Census 1850*||Samuel AMYX appeared on the census of 25 November 1850 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee.2 |
|Census 1860*||He was Head of Household on 6 June 1860 in Jackson Co., Kentucky.5 |
|Death*||He died on 5 May 1888 in Egypt, Jackson Co., Kentucky.6|
|Burial*||He was buried in Liberty Cemetery, Jackson Co., Kentucky.6|
|Fanny Mendenhall KENNER|
|Mary Polly Pace WINSTEAD b. 1810, d. 1891|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3251] Tennessee Wills & Probate Records 1779-2008, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2016|