Elizabeth (surname unknown)1
HAIRSTON.org ID#841, b. about 1720, d. after 6 June 1782
|Birth*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) was born about 1720.|
|Marriage*||She married Andrew HAIRSTON, son of Peter HAIRSTON and Agnes "Irish Lady of Rank" (surname unknown), about 1743. In his will he states "... my loving wife Elizabeth..." |
NOTE: I have not seen any original documents listing Elizabeth's maiden name. They were likely married in Virginia about 1743 as they are both listed in court records in 1744.1
|Court Record*||Elizabeth Hearstone and Andrew Hearstone are listed in Goochland County Court Order Books in 1744, page 531.2|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Robert Hairston records a deed for 300 acres of land from Thomas Cooper on Possum Creek. Witnesses are Samuel Hairston, Andrew hairston and Elizabeth Hairston. (page 397, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Samuel HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Samuel Hairston, Andrew Hairston, and Elizabeth Hairston witness a deed from Thomas Cooper to Robert Hairston for the sale of Negroes. (page 462, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Will||In Andrew HAIRSTON's will dated 8 August 1771 in Bedford County, Virginia, Elizabeth (surname unknown) was named as an heir.4,1|
|Will||She was mentioned in the will of Samuel HAIRSTON on 9 February 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia; 1782 Campbell County - Samuel Hairston signed a will dated 9 February 1782.5|
|Death*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) died after 6 June 1782.5,1|
|Probate||She was listed as a beneficiary in Samuel HAIRSTON's will on 14 July 1828; Inventory and disbursement of Samuel Hairston's estate, Campbell County, Virginia, 14 July 1828.5|
|Andrew HAIRSTON b. a 1716, d. b 6 Jun 1782|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S122] Will Andrew Hairston 6 Jun 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 4, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3080] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 5, Heritage Books, 2007, personal collection of Robert E. Hairston, Jr.
- [S3092] Chilton, Ann. Bedford County, Virginia Deed Book B-2, 1761-1766. Signal Mountain, TN (P.O. Box 400, Signal Mountain 37377: Mountain Press, 1992. Print., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal collection of Robert E. Hairston, Jr.
- [S101] Will of Samuel Hairston - 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 6 and Will Book #6, page 141, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||21 Jul 2017|