Sallie Sarah Eppes HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#66, b. 21 May 1845
|Father*||Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON1,2 b. 25 Nov 1811, d. 13 Jan 1857|
|Mother*||Pocohontas Rebecca CABELL b. 29 Jun 1819, d. 3 Feb 1858|
|Birth*||Sallie Sarah Eppes HAIRSTON was born on 21 May 1845 in Red Plains, Henry, Virginia.|
|She was the daughter of Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON and Pocohontas Rebecca CABELL.1,2|
|Census 1850||Sallie Sarah Eppes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON on 15 October 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; John T Hairston 38 a farmer, Pocahuntas 30, Virginia 13 , Louisa 11, Elizabeth 9, Sarah 5, Caleb 3 |
Hurdgman Hairston 1.3
|Census 1860||Sallie Sarah Eppes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Livingston CLAIBORNE on 11 September 1860 in Bridgeway, Henry Co., Virginia; Livingston Claiborne 22, Elizabeth Claiborne 19, Va Hairston 23, Cabell Hairston 14, Sally Hairston 15, Hardyman Hairston 12, Tyler Hairston 9, Powhatan Hairston 7.4|
|Marriage*||Sallie Sarah Eppes HAIRSTON married James S. REDD, son of Edmund REDD, on 6 December 1865 in Henry, Virginia; He was24 and she was 20. Minister Lee.5,1|
|James S. REDD b. a 1841|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S77] Brown, Alexander, The Cabells and Their Kin - A Memorial Volume, The Riverside Press, Cambridge 1895 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675919, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S68] The Marriage Register of Henry County Virginia Vol I , 1853-1878, Anne Vestal-Miller, (Old Mill Printers, Rocky Mount, VA 1998).
|Last Edited||18 Sep 2013|