HAIRSTON.org ID#5621, b. between 1766 and 1774
|Father*||George FOOTE1 b. 20 Jan 1734, d. a Dec 1808|
|Mother*||Margaret "Peggy" KINCHELOE|
|Birth*||William FOOTE was born between 1766 and 1774.2,3|
|He was the son of George FOOTE and Margaret "Peggy" KINCHELOE.1|
|Census 1800*||William FOOTE appeared on the census of 1800 in Chester County, South Carolina, Males 16-25 1, 26-44 1.2|
|Marriage*||He married Nancy Saunders RICE, daughter of Hezekiah RICE and Mary SAUNDERS, about 1805 in South Carolina.4|
|Will||William FOOTE was mentioned in the will of George FOOTE on 9 September 1808 in Chester County, South Carolina; naming the following children; sons Newton, George, heirs of John (deceased), Gilson, William, James; son-in-laws Epheam Lyles and Bejamin Hart and his sons "their mother my wife Nancy Foote" Henry, Richard & Berriman.|
A transcription of his will may be found at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History -
|Census 1810*||William FOOTE appeared on the census of 1810 in Chester County, South Carolina, Males; 10-15 1, 16-25 2, 26-44 1, Females; under 10 3, 26-44 1, slaves 29.3|
|Census 1820*||He appeared on the census of 1820 in Chester County, South Carolina, Males; under 10 2, 26-44 4, 45+ 1, Females; under 10 1, 45+ 1, slaves 23.5|
|Nancy Saunders RICE d. b 15 Oct 1831|
- [S3202] Will of George Foote - 9 Sep 1808, Chester Co., South Carolina, Will Book D, Page 355, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1800] 1800 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3197] Chapman, C. Stuart; Shelby Foote A Writers Life, University Press of Mississippi, Jackson, 2006.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2017|