Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS
HAIRSTON.org ID#404, b. 25 January 1769, d. 23 November 1809
|Father*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS1,2,3 b. 20 Sep 1748, d. 17 Aug 1813|
|Mother*||Mary SPARRELL1 b. a 1749, d. 25 Nov 1790|
|Birth*||Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS was born on 25 January 1769 in Virginia, However, the Hairston Family Bible 1750-1916 (cit. #249) lists a birth date of 20th January 1791 which is her son Robert's birthday.|
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.1,4
|She was the daughter of Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS and Mary SPARRELL.1,2,3|
|Marriage*||Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS married Col. Samuel HAIRSTON, son of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL, on 9 February 1790 in Franklin County, Virginia; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.5,6,1,7,3,2,8
|Death*||Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS died on 23 November 1809 at age 40; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.1,4
|Col. Samuel HAIRSTON b. 25 Sep 1755, d. 17 Dec 1834|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S143] Hairston Family, Bible - Robert Hairston 1755-1844. The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated Out of the Originial Tongues, and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised.... Philadelphia, Printed and Published by M. Carey, 1817.; State Archives North Carolina 400.1.1.982,.
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S152] Virginia Marriages 1660-1800, Jordan Dodd, (n.pub.).
- [S3166] Franklin County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, 1786-1858, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||10 Mar 2018|