HAIRSTON.org ID#3646, b. about 1775, d. about 1849
|Father*||Samuel AMYX1 b. a 1745|
|Mother*||Ellenor HAIRSTON1 b. a 1745|
|Birth*||Isaac AMYX was born about 1775 in Botetourt, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Samuel AMYX and Ellenor HAIRSTON.1|
|Marriage*||Isaac AMYX married Mary Polly BOYER on 17 August 1803 in Botetourt Co., Virginia.2|
|Census 1830*||Isaac AMYX appeared on the census of 1830 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee, Males: under 5 1, 20-29 1, 50-59 1, Females: under 5 1, 5-9 2, 10-14 1, 15-19 2, 20-29 1, 40-49 1.3|
|Tax Rolls*||Isaac Amyx is listed on the 1836 tax rolls of Hawkins Co., Tennessee.4|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee, Males: 10-14 1, 60-69 1, Females: 5-9 1, 20-29 1, 50-59 1. Living near Samuel Amyx, Polly Amyx and Charles Snider.5|
|Death*||He died about 1849 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee.6|
|Will*||He left a will on 13 October 1849 in Hawkins Co., Tennessee. Mentions wife Mary, son Samuel and daughters Priscilla Davis, Elizabeth Snider, Polly Amyx, Eleanor Drinnon, Nancy Lawson, Lucinda Drinnon, Susannah Jones and Sarah Davis.6|
|Mary Polly BOYER b. a 1786, d. a 1872|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3250] Tennessee Early Tax List Records 1783-1895. Nashville, Tennessee: Tennessee State Library and Archives., Ancestry.com.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3251] Tennessee Wills & Probate Records 1779-2008, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2016|