HAIRSTON.org ID#3093, b. June 1739, d. 1813
|Father*||Nicholas PERKINS1 b. a 1718, d. a 25 Feb 1762|
|Marriage*||Peter PERKINS married Agnes WILSON, daughter of Peter WILSON and Ailcey (surname unknown).1,2|
|Birth*||Peter PERKINS was born in June 1739 in Goochland County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Nicholas PERKINS and Bethenia HARDING.1|
|Residence*||Peter PERKINS lived in 1752 in Halifax Co., Virginia.1|
|Will||In Nicholas PERKINS's will dated 25 February 1762 in Williamson Co., Tennessee, Peter PERKINS was named as an heir.1|
|Residence||He lived about 1765 in North Carolina; built Berry Hill.1|
|Census 1790*||The 1790 Federal Census of Virginia was lost. However, the book "Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia" states that the 1790 census shows that Peter's household consisted of 13 white people.3,1|
|Census 1800*||He appeared on the census of 4 August 1800 in Salisbury, Stokes County, North Carolina, Males <16 1 (unknown), 16+ 3 (Peter, ), Females 3 (Agnes, ), Slaves 58.4|
|Residence||He lived in 1805 in Williamson, Tennessee.5|
|Death*||He died in 1813 in near Hardeman Crossroads (now Triune), Williamson Co., Tennessee.1|
|Will*||He left a will on 26 January 1813 in Williamson Co., Tennessee, heirs; son, Nicholas Perkins,"Hendley Stones Children had by my daughter Betsy", grand daughters Agnes Stone, Polly Stone, Ruth Stone (appears Betsy was deceased) - brother Hardin, mentions Peter Hairston of Stokes, NC., "my four favorite Negroes ____ Bob, Esthir, Charles + Hannah shall at my death be free", Executors are "Son Nicholas Perkins and my Nephew Nicholas Scales", Witnesses were; Anne P. Scales, Thomas H. P. Scales and John Bostick.6|
|Probate*||His estate was probated in April 1813 in Williamson Co., Tennessee.1|
|Agnes WILSON d. bt 1801 - 1813|
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3149] Clement, Maud Carter: The History of Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S1790] 1790 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1800] 1800 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S274] Early Tax Lists of Tennessee, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville, Tennessee.
- [S272] Will of Peter Perkins - 4 Nov 1813, Williamson County, Tennessee, Will Book #1, page 310.
|Last Edited||27 Dec 2016|