George H. FOOTE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1536, b. about 1820, d. 1856
|Father*||Gilson FOOTE1 b. 3 May 1791, d. 14 Feb 1851|
|Mother*||Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS b. 1787, d. a 1827|
|Birth*||George H. FOOTE was born about 1820 in Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Gilson FOOTE and Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS.1|
|Marriage*||George H. FOOTE married Mary Ella SPOONER, daughter of Horatio N. SPOONER and Sigismunda Massey Alexander HARRISON, on 7 March 1849 in by Rev. E. Gallaway, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.3,4|
|Will||George H. FOOTE was mentioned in the will of Gilson FOOTE on 11 March 1849 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Lists sons George H. Foote, Robert L. Foote, daughter Mary C. Foote, deceased daughter Sarah E. Grant, granddaughter Laura F. Grant.|
Noxubee County Will Book A, Page 158.5
|Census 1850*||George H. FOOTE appeared on the census of 28 August 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, George is a 30 year old attorney married to Mary E., 17 years old., both born in Virginia.2|
|Will*||He left a will on 14 December 1855 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; left everything to his sister and mother-in-law (names not mentioned).6|
|Death*||He died in 1856 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 8 January 1856 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.6|
|Mary Ella SPOONER b. a 1833|
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Prsidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S3192] Mississippi Free Trader, Natchez, Mississippi, 4 April 1849.
- [S3011] Will of Gilson Foote - March 11, 1849 - Noxubbe County, Mississippi.
- [S3189] Abstarcts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, Ms., 1990, Lowndes County Library.
|Last Edited||7 Jun 2016|